Welcome to the Rio Dulce Chisme Vindicator For Sale By Owner boat listings. We hope the two happiest days of your life (buying and/or selling a boat) will be met through these pages! We appreciate your interest. If in the market to purchase a boat, remember to contact the person in the information section for that particular boat. The Chisme staff takes no commission, and we do not handle sales. We do make terrific full-page ads and reach a wide audience, so if you are on the selling side, then we can help! For more information about advertising with us, click on our online news magazine here: http://riodulcechisme.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1093
She is well-maintained and currently docked in Rio Dulce, Guatemala. We will return after the holidays and sail her back to the USA, so be quick with an offer! Center cockpit with 2 private staterooms. If you simply want a floating condo in a vacation resort area, she is a fun "floating condo," but this bluewater boat loves to sail!
engine hours (total): 7637
length overall (LOA): 36
make / manufacturer: Westerly
model name / number: Corsair MK II
propulsion type: sail
year manufactured: 1987
We have lived aboard the S/V Rose of Sharon for 20 years. We need to sell her but have had no luck selling her out of country. She was docked at Bocas Del Toro, Panama, which is a popular tourist destination. In 2017 we sailed her to the Rio Dulce, Guatemala, for hurricane season. She is docked there and we will renew our passage to the U.S. after the holidays.
She is well-maintained with 2017 additions including new non-skid and a replacement head so that both heads are functional. She has a new propeller, cutlass bearing, the propane stove/oven/equipment is all in good working order with the exception of the watermaker, which has not been used since 2011. We have replacement membranes. We're old and tired and don't want to do it, but can't afford to pay anyone to sail her back to the states.
If you simply want a floating condo in a vacation resort area, she is a fun "floating condo," but this bluewater boat loves to sail! We are including almost everything on the boat; Magma cookware (wonderful set of cookware, if you aren’t familiar) and a rail-mounted gas grill, for example.
Center cockpit with 2 private staterooms; main berth has private head
Cutlass bearing - 2017
3-blade fixed bronze propeller - 2017
Bottom job - 2017
Non-Skid - NEW February 2017
Main berth Head - NEW February 2017
Builder: Westerly Marine Construction, Ltd. of England
Designer: Ed DuBois
Lloyds of London inspection
Flag of Registry: United States
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 35 ft 11 in
Beam: 12 ft 6 in
LWL: 30 ft 5 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 11 in
Displacement: 15500 lbs
Ballast: 6600 lbs
Total Power: 28 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo Penta
Year Built: 1987
Engine Model: BT 2003 867818
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 28 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 Stainless steel (40 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (40 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 2 Stainless steel (20 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 3
Number of double berths: 2
Number of heads: 2
Manual bilge pump
Sea water pump
Fresh water maker
Electric bilge pump
Shore power inlet
Electrical Circuit: 12V
Outboard engine brackets
From the cockpit take a few steps down to the saloon. Immediately to starboard is a u-shaped galley. forward of the galley is a straight settee with a hanging locker just forward of the settee. Opposite the hanging locker is the forward head with shower. Just aft of the head is the port settee. Just aft of the port settee is a forward facing nav station. Next to the nav station a passageway leads aft past a pilot berth to the owner's cabin with double berth athwartships. Aft cabin has a second head for privacy.
• Large private owner's stateroom aft
• Owner's stateroom features private head to starboard and storage lockers to port
• Large vee berth in forward VIP stateroom
• Settees with squared corners provide good spaces to put your feet up and lean back to read or watch TV
• Large hatch over vee berth provides ample light and ventilation
• Port and starboard settees in the saloon make ideal sea berths low and in the center
• Folding dining table serves 4 comfortably for dinner
• 10 aluminum opening ports and 4 aluminum hatches offer plenty of light and ventilation
• Center cockpit allows large double cabin aft
• Forward facing nav station
• 2 heads (aft head currently used for storage and disconnected but fully functional when last used)
• Adler-Barbour 12 VDC refrigerator/freezer - makes ice!
• Flavel Princess 2 burner propane stove with oven - bakes beautifully
• Double stainless steel sink
• Ample tiled galley counter space
• Raritan 6-gallon water heater
• Uniden UM 380 VHF radio
• Standard Horizon X280S handheld VHF
• Furuno 24 mile CRT radar mounted at nav station – to be replaced in 2018
• ICOM 706 MK II SSB radio with backstay antenna
• ICOM AT-130 automatic antenna tuner
• SCS Pactor 3 modem for email by SSB radio at sea or anywhere
• Autohelm 6000 autopilot
• Standard Horizon CP 150C chartplotter/fishfinder with 5" screen
• Humminbird 108SX fishfinder
• DVD player
Engine and Electrical
• Volvo Penta BT 867818 3 cylinder 28 hp diesel engine
• Volvo Penta transmission with single handle Morse control
• Honda 3kw portable generator
• AC 2400 Kro Start 24 gph 110 vac watermaker
• Rutland 910 wind generator
• 2 IntelliPower 50 amp marine battery chargers
• 2000 watt inverter
• Cutlass bearing - NEW November 2016!
• 3-blade fixed bronze propeller - NEW November 2016!
• Bottom job - NEW November 2016!
• Non-Skid - NEW February 2017!
• Main berth Head - NEW February 2017!
Hull and Deck
• 35# CQR anchor with 110' 3/8" chain rode
• 22# Delta anchor with 130' 5/16" chain rode
• Fortress FX16 anchor
• Manual windlass
• Stainless steel dinghy davits
• Full boat awning
• UK 130% roller furling genoa modified 2017
• UK full batten mainsail replaced 2017
• West Marine Caribe inflatable hard-bottom dinghy - not titled - may not be able to register in US
• 15 hp Mercury OB motor
• 3.3 hp Mercury OB motor
> Rose of Sharon is strong cruising boat capable of sailing anywhere. She is fully equipped for cruising including:
• 24 gal/hr watermaker – needs an overhaul
• ICOM SSB
• Smart Radio SR161 AIS receiver
• Rutland wind generator
• Adler-Barbour refrigerator/freezer makes ice!
Disclaimer: SeaKist has no responsibility with respect to 'For Sale by Owner' vessels. All questions or inquiries should be sent to the owner or the responsible party as shown in the 'Contact:' field or in the description.